Sunday, September 20, 2009

Stress

So, I'm currently attending four classes at HACC this semester, compared to the measly two I took during the Spring semester. I've always been a good student throughout my journey through education, but now I'm falling behind and losing focus. It scares me that I'm having such a difficult time this semester. I usually like challenges, but can I defeat this one?

On another stressful note, my parents are pressuring me to get a job again, but this is how I see it, if I'm already having so much trouble with my classes without being employed, I can't imagine how its going to be when I have a job taking up all my time.

I just need to get my act together and do my best I guess...I just hope my best gets me a passing grade. :/

2 comments:

  1. Just a note: If you feel like you can't seem to get yourself to do the work, you may want to consider getting a part time job. Having a job really helps me keep myself on schedule. It makes me realize how much time I really have throughout the week. It helps pressure me into doing things at certain times whether I feel like it or not. Then again, it all depends what classes you are taking. I have 4 classes and on top of that I work two jobs. (If you do get a job and find that you need some time management tips let me know!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen-

    Have you considered a work study job on campus? They are really wonderful in the sense that the name "work study" says it all. You dont have to have qualified for one under your financial aid to get one. I had work study all throughout my undergrad and as one of the two jobs I worked to put myself through grad school. Sure, the pay isnt THAT great--but it gives you an opportunity to work in an environment where your employers know that school is your #1 priority. Hang in there. College isnt meant to be an easy ride--its here to challenge you in every way possible--but know that the outcomes are going to change your life tremendously.

    ReplyDelete